Aplomb’s Interpreters are qualified, experienced professional linguists. Professional Linguists
- Aplomb’s interpreters are usually members of professional associations like the Institute of Translations and Interpreting, the American Translators Association, and The Institute of Linguists. The ITI and the ATA bodies each require successful completion of professional standard examinations to attain membership. The Institute of Linguists offers qualifications including, Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI), Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) and the Diploma in Police Interpreting (DPI).
- Translators and interpreters who hold BA and MA degrees in translation and interpreting also often sit further professional body exams specifically related to their language pairs and their subject specialism.
- Interpreters who have qualified outside of the UK have accreditation from like bodies from other countries.
- It is usual for EU linguists to have completed Postgraduate qualifications through The European Masters in Translation programme.
- Many of our translators from civil law countries are ‘sworn translators’ who have been selected as officially approved translators by their state.