Aplomb’s Interpreters are qualified, experienced professional linguists.
- Aplomb’s interpreters are usually members of professional associations like the Institute of Translations and Interpreting, the American Translators Association, and The Institute of Linguists. The ITI and the ATA bodies each require successful completion of professional standard examinations to attain membership. The Institute of Linguists offers qualifications including, Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI), Diploma in Translation (DipTrans) and the Diploma in Police Interpreting (DPI).
- Translators and interpreters who hold BA and MA degrees in translation and interpreting also often sit further professional body exams specifically related to their language pairs and their subject specialism.
- Interpreters who have qualified outside of the UK have accreditation from like bodies from other countries.
- It is usual for EU linguists to have completed Postgraduate qualifications through The European Masters in Translation programme.
- Many of our translators from civil law countries are ‘sworn translators’ who have been selected as officially approved translators by their state.
All of our linguists sign a Confidentiality Agreement and agree to represent Aplomb in a professional manner.
- It is usual for our interpreters to hold professional degrees, qualifications and experience in their subject fields (law, finance, economics, medicine, shipping, engineering, etc.) and to have studied and worked in their language pairs throughout their career development, both acquiring and honing their linguistic skills organically.
- They then formalise their language qualifications through professional accreditation (ITI, ATA, IoL, etc.).
- In the EU, the lawyer linguist is a specialist who holds a law degree or GDL and who also has strong language skills. Lawyer linguists within the EU work on translating, drafting, checking or revising legal texts.
- At Aplomb, we take this as a model for all our subject fields and we actively recruit experienced specialists with linguistic skills across the world.
Aplomb Professional Development & Certification
- Aplomb, provides professional development training and certification for our translators and interpreters to ensure we meet the high standards required to serve our clients.
- We individually assess all of our interpreters, and many have worked with us for years. We must be certain that we have interpreters and translators with the highest professional level skills.
- To ensure we can always meet our Aplomb service standards, we have developed our own professional training and certification programme.
- Aplomb rigorously assesses our interpreters to ensure they have the relevant skills, field expertise, subject specialism and experience required to professionally interpret for your specific project.